The Leigh Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Information Statement
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the The Leigh Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 28 July 2022. Notice of Referendum attached.
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
“Do you want Tewkesbury Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for The Leigh to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included in the information statement.
The referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as The Leigh Neighbourhood Area.
A person is entitled to vote in the referendum if on Tuesday 12 July 2022
• he or she is entitled to vote in local government elections in the referendum area; and
• his or her qualifying address for the election is in the referendum area. A persons
qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the Register of Electors, the
address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the referendum is £2377.34.
The number of persons entitled to vote in the referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 260.
The referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures similar to those used at local government elections.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those listed below, may be accessed on the council’s website using the following links
Paper copies of the specified documents are also available to view at:
• Tewkesbury Borough Council, Council Offices, Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 5TT.
Available: Monday – Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4pm.
The specified documents are as follows:
• The Leigh Referendum Version Neighbourhood Development Plan
• The Leigh Independent Examiner’s Report
• Copies of the Representations Submitted to the Independent Examiner
• Basic Conditions and Legal Requirements Statement
• General Planning Statement
• This Information Statement
Dated: 20 June 2022
Tewkesbury Borough Council
Council Offices, Gloucester Road