THE LEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
: email@example.com :theleighpc.org.uk
Relevant knowledge, Education, Professional Qualifications & Training
- Sound knowledge and understanding of local affairs and the local community
- Other requirements as appropriate
- A levels/Degree level and or
- Specific Vocational training or professional qualification (e.g. accountant, teacher, surveyor, architect) may be specified.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Solid interest in local matters.
- Ability and willingness to represent the Council and their community.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to work closely with other members and to maintain good working relationships with all members and staff.
- Good reading and analytic skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with the council’s partners (e.g. voluntary groups, other parish councils, principal authority).
- Ability and willingness to undertake relevant training.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of HR, procurement, contract management, financial control or risk management and compliance, public relations.
- Experience of working in another public body or not for profit organisation.
- Experience of working with voluntary and or local community/interest groups.
- Basic knowledge of legal issues relating to town and parish councils or local authorities.
- Experience of delivering presentations.
- Experience of working with the media.
- Experience in financial control/budgeting
- Experience of staff management.
- Ability and willingness to attend meetings of the council (or the meetings of other local authorities and local bodies) in the evening and events in the evening and at weekends.